Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys
Tough & Knowledgeable Car Accident Lawyers in Ocala & Gainesville
Every year, car accidents are caused by negligence, recklessness, and various errors. Many accidents are caused by distracted driving. When drivers get behind the wheel, they need to be awake, alert, focused, and ready to navigate the roads with attention and caution. If you or a loved one was hurt in a car accident in the Ocala or Gainesville area, there’s a chance that the other driver could have been distracted and that his / her inattention caused the accident.For more information about your case, request a free case evaluation. There are various types of distracted driving, including:
- Using electronic devices while driving
- Using your phone while driving including dialing, talking on the phone, or texting while driving
- Talking with other passengers in the car
- Eating / drinking while driving
- Applying makeup or shaving
- Driving while tired; falling asleep behind the wheel
- Reading, such as a book or a map
- Changing the radio station or other music player
Statistics About Distracted Driving You Should Know
- 3,154 people were killed and 424,000 injured in car accidents caused by distracted driving in 2013.
- The most at-risk age group for distracted driving is drivers under the age of 20. In 2013, one in 10 drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted when the crash occurred.
- When using your phone, five seconds is the average amount of time your eyes are averted. If traveling at 55 miles per hour, five seconds is enough time to drive the distance of a football field’s length.
- About 25% of teenagers say that they respond to a text at least once every time they get behind the wheel, and 20% of teens—along with 10% of parents—admit to conducting lengthy, multi-text conversations when they get behind the wheel.
Strong Advocacy for Injury Victims & Their Families
There’s simply no excuse for getting behind the wheel without taking distracted driving seriously. Our Gainesville distracted driving accident attorneys at the Allen Law Firm, P.A. can advocate for you after you have suffered in an accident caused by the mistakes of others. We have recovered millions of dollars for clients and we’re passionate about fighting for you.
A distracted driver is a dangerous driver. That’s all there is to it. Operating a car is seen as routine and normal in today’s mobile society. Most people don’t think twice about getting behind the wheel–whether they’re busy, angry, sad, excited, nervous, tired, confused, or have a lot on their minds. People need to realize the gravity of this responsibility and take action to protect themselves and other drivers.Call our office today at (352) 351-3258 in Ocala or (352) 331-6789 in Gainesville.